1. Black Currant Seed Oil is a natural source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which is one of two essential fatty acids responsible for the function and growth of cells, nerves, muscles, and organs.
2. Omega-3 Fats are found in oily fish, flax seeds and walnuts. Research has found that women with the highest omega-3 fats in breast fatty tissue were less likely to have breast cancer that women with the least omega-3 fats. (International Journal of Cancer, 2002 Mar 1;98(1):78-83)
3. Cruciferous Vegetables, such as Kale and Brussels sprouts, contain phytochemicals known as glucosinolates. These compounds have been shown to protect against colon, breast, prostate, thyroid, cervical, and other cancers.
4. Fiber helps reduce excess estrogen and remove it from the body.
5. Although not a food, a healthy weight is known to reduce risk of many diseases, including breast cancer.